Let's feel your heartbeat!
- Sit quietly on a chair
- Now feel your heart beating (your pulse) by placing your finger on your wrist just below the bottom of your thumb or putting your hand on your chest
- Count how many times your heart beats in 10 seconds
- Now get up and shake up your body for 5 minutes
- You can run around, do star jumps, hop on one leg, skip around the house, climb the stairs 5 times or make up your own exercises!
- Now stop, sit down and count how many times your heart beats in 10 seconds
- What has happened? Can you explain why your body has changed?
- What else do you notice has happened to your body? How did it make you feel?
Make sure you have enough space to move safely around the house