Let’s ping pong!
- Stand in one place
- Grab your bat (book) and ball (balloon)
- Place the book near your belly button (that’s your balance point)
- Balance your balloon on the book for as long as you can
- Lift your free arm in the air while you balance the balloon on the book
- Lift one foot in the air while you balance the balloon on the book
- Can you lift both your free arm and one foot in the air together?
- Next try and bounce the balloon and keep it up in the air as long as you can
- How many bounces can you do?
- Can you turn the book over and use your back hand to keep the balloon in the air?
- Can you switch from forehand to backhand by twisting the book over each time?
- Can you keep the balloon in the air using the edge of the book?
- Next place your salt and pepper pots on a table quite far apart from each other
- Use the book as your bat to push the bottle top between the two goal posts
- Make the space smaller between the two goal posts
- Can you still push the bottle top through?
- How small can you make the goal posts and still get your bottle top through?
As with any activity consider the space e.g. you may need to move tables and chairs